5 DOs and DON’Ts When Washing Cheer Apparel
Want to know the secret to keeping your cheer apparel looking like brand new no matter how many times it’s washed? Fortunately, there is no secret! Just follow these 5 DOs and DON’Ts when washing your cheer apparel for life long results!
1. DO wash garments separately.
2. DO turn garments inside out when washing.
3. DO gently hand wash in a large volume of cold water and use a mild liquid detergent.
4. DO rinse immediately!
5. DO pat dry with a clean towel and use a thick plastic hanger to air dry.
1. DON’T allow garment to soak in water or detergent.
2. DON’T use fabric softeners. Fabric softeners negatively affect the adhesives used in our garments, causing the foil on our fabrics to discolor and the embellishments to fall off.
3. DON’T dry clean. Dry cleaning uses harsh chemicals that can damage the fabric and embellishments used in our garments.
4. DON’T iron. The heat from an iron can melt and/or discolor the delicate fabrics in our garments. Excessive heat can also weaken the adhesives used to attach the embellishments to the garment and cause them to fall off.
5. DON’T apply products that contain alcohol such as hairspray, perfumes and body lotions when wearing your cheer apparel. These items can damage the fabrics and cause discoloration, stains, and other unwanted affects.
Click here for more information on washing cheer apparel.
GK Cheer. Choice Of Champions.