GK Cheer offers fabrics that are produced to meet our exclusive stretch and quality standards. We take tremendous pride in having the best fabrics in the industry. As the leader in cheerleading apparel, it’s important for us to advise you of the tendencies of certain fabrics, as well as practices to avoid.
Our fabrics can be grouped into two categories. The first one is our long wearing durable fabrics that include nylon/spandex, velvet, drytech, brushed tricot, and techmesh. Second group, our special care fragile fabrics that include hologram, mesh, and nylon/spandex with foil (otherwise known as mystique).
Our fragile fabrics need extra special care in order to maintain their All Star status. Items such as, but not limited to, alcohol in aerosol product, perfumes, body lotions, and deodorant can damage these fragile fabrics and cause discoloration, stains, and other unwanted affects. The use of fabric softener is a huge contributor to discoloration and the removal of adhesives that causes the embellishments to fall off the garment. Click here to read more about how to care for our fragile fabrics.
Below you will find important washing instructions for all fabric types to keep your GK cheerleading wear on the next level:
1. Garment(s) must be washed separately. Turn garments inside out. Use a mild liquid detergent, gently hand wash in a large volume of cold water. Rinse immediately.
2. DO NOT allow garment to soak. Pat dry with a clean towel and use a thick plastic hanger to air dry.
3. DO NOT use fabric softeners. Fabric softeners negatively affect the adhesives used in our garments, causing the foil on our fabrics to discolor and the embellishments to fall off.
4. DO NOT dry clean. Dry cleaning uses harsh chemicals that can damage the fabric and embellishments used in our garments.
5. DO NOT iron. The heat from an iron can melt and/or discolor the delicate fabrics in our garments. Excessive heat can also weaken the adhesives used to attach the embellishments to the garment and cause them to fall off.
Click here for more information on how to keep your cheerleading practice wear, School Fit and All Star cheer uniforms, and other team cheer apparel looking like new.
GK Cheer. The Next Level.